Serving the Greater Peoria, Bloomington/Normal, Macomb, and surrounding communities
If you have diabetes, you're at risk for developing visual loss from a variety of retinal complications including diabetic macular edema (DME), proliferative retinopathy causing vitreous hemorrhage or tractional retinal detachments/distortion, or vascular occlusions. Timely diagnosis and treatment with a range of eye medications, appropriate use of laser and surgical intervention are quite effecive in helping improve or maintain vision.
Retina Consultants of Central Illinois, SC, was opened in 1995. You get the benefits that come with more than 25 years experience in retina-vitreous.
Diabetic retinopathy is the main cause of irreversible vision loss in people with diabetes.
You'll receive a comprehensive exam that screens for diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema. We'll administer several specialized tests that provide valuable information about the condition of the blood vessels, lenses, and nerve tissues in your eyes.
• Visual acuity testing to measure your short and long-distance vision
• Tonometry to measure the pressure inside your eyes
• Pupil dilation to give us a better look at your retinas and optic nerves
• Optical coherence tomography (OCT) to get detailed images of the tissues inside your eyes
Call today to schedule
your treatment for
When you work with us, you'll get a personalized treatment plan that's based on your condition. We use the most effective state-of-the-art practices. For more information on how we can treat diabetic retinopathy, call us at 309-693-2249.
• Anti-VEGF intravitreal injections including Avastin and Eylea
• Intravitreal or peri-ocular corticosteroids
• Macular and peripheral laser photocoagulation
Done at an outpatient facility that is in your insurance program.