Serving the Greater Peoria, Macomb, Canton, and Normal, IL Areas
If you have diabetes, you're at risk for a group of eye conditions that include diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema (DME). If you've been diagnosed with one of these conditions or you suspect you might have one, you can find medical treatment at Retina Consultants of Central Illinois, SC. You'll receive professional help from one of the best surgeons in the Midwest.
Retina Consultants of Central Illinois, SC, was opened in 1995. You get the benefits that come with over 20 years of ophthalmology experience.
Diabetic retinopathy is the main cause of vision loss in people with diabetes. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can help you avoid vision impairment or blindness.
You'll receive a comprehensive exam that screens for diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema. We'll administer several specialized tests that provide valuable information about the condition of the blood vessels, lenses, and nerve tissues in your eyes.
• Visual acuity testing to measure your short and long-distance vision
• Tonometry to measure the pressure inside your eyes
• Pupil dilation to give us a better look at your retinas and optic nerves
• Optical coherence tomography (OCT) to get detailed images of the tissues inside your eyes
Call today to schedule
your treatment for
When you work with us, you'll get a personalized treatment plan that's based on your condition. We use the most effective state-of-the-art practices. For more information about our practices and how we can treat your diabetic retinopathy, call us at 309-693-2249.
• Anti-VEGF injection therapy
• Focal / grid macular laser surgery
• Laser photocoagulation